Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Brain is En Fuego

My "Second Parents" have been in town. They are Lottery Parents. That means that when I became bestest bestest friends with their daughter when I was five-turning-six, I won the lottery. My best friend is their only daughter. I know a good thing when I see it, being the 4th in a string of 5, so I attached to her like glue. Her parents are two of the most fabulous people I've ever had the joy of meeting and loving. They are wonderful people - Mom (yep, I still call her "Mom") and Dad (yep, I still call him "Dad") adopted me into their lives and their family early on. I adore them. They gave me much of the attention that my natural family just couldn't give me. I'm not bitter about the fact that I had to outsource my Attention Grabbing. I am grateful that I have been blessed in life with the opportunity to have a Second Family that could afford me the gift of attention that I craved my whole life.

Oooo! Realization! That Need that I talked about before? The need to be seen? I realize that it's a need because I KNOW that I have been missing it my ENTIRE life because I was so low on the totem pole in my natural family! oooooo! Wow!

Mom & Dad brought the plans for our house renovation. We're totally changing our home - making it bigger. We need more space. MORE SPACE! ESPACHé!!! thirteen pages of Espaché! We have spent two whole days going over and over and over the plans. I'm so happy when the creations that they've made for us! But my brain is falling out of my head and I have a lot to process...

They have given us such a great gift! We're so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment